iCloud and storage problems?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Skika, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Skika macrumors 68030

I think the iCloud is a great idea, BUT i have a few concerns. Storage is one of them, i have an iPad 2 16gb and an iPhone 4 16gb. I struggle with the storage as it is.

I dont want every photo i take with my iPhone to get synced to my iPad. Much less every app! Thats pointless. Will(are) you be able to select what gets synced and not ? Meaning not just photos yes or no, but more specifically?

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Photos will be synched via photo stream so it won't take up any local storage as with apps most iPhone apps don't work on the iPad so they won't get moved over and vice versa.
    For the occasional ones you can always delete it from the device you don't want it one and it won't effect the other device.

There may be more to come feature wise but this is all I have been able to play with thus far.

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Can you check on that as Steve Jobs actually said that the photo's will automatically be "downloaded" to your other Apple devices.
    Not accessible in the cloud by them, and not streamed to them, but downloaded to them automatically.

4. Project macrumors 68020

There is a toggle in settings to turn off Photostream

5. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Incorrect. PhotoStream, if activated, will store the 1,000 most recent photos on your iDevice. It will store unlimited photos on your Mac.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Okay I just read that part on apple.com again and it does sound like you guys are right on this.
    I just downloaded the new iPhoto beta and will install it in lion to test this out and see what happens.
    I will report back.

7. shandyman Suspended

you can get more online storage if needed and you can manage the storage.