iCloud and the Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ArtOfWarfare, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I'm working on an app for iOS that syncs with other iOS devices via iCloud, and I'd like there to be a companion app on the Mac App Store with which they can also sync.

Is there some way I can test the Mac OS X companion app's ability to sync with iCloud without paying to register to be a Mac developer? I already am an iOS developer... is that enough? Or will I need to sign up for both to test this application?

2. chown33 macrumors 604

What have you tried?

Did you try using the Mac iCloud API? Did you use your iOS dev acct? Exactly what happened?

It seems to me that you can (and probably should) answer some of the basic questions yourself, so you can determine to your own satisfaction exactly what works (or doesn't work). It's entirely possible that no one here has tried the iOS-dev-acct-used-on-Mac iCloud scenario, so you could provide valuable pioneering information.

On the other hand, if you haven't written any Mac code yet, then perhaps writing a simple test program would be a good start. Enough of a program to test whether the iOS dev acct works with iCloud or not.