iCloud auto-backups

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Jan 10, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've noticed that since iOS8 my phone otten goes days & days without backing up, despite being left unattended and charging on a daily basis. I have to manually back up just for peace of mind, when my old iPhones used to do it automatically on a daily basis with previous versions of iOS.
    Has anyone else seen this? Or is it just me...

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Just noticed this, without fail mine would backup when connected to wifi however as my screenshot shows it last backed up yesterday past 2am.

[​IMG]

I know for certain I plugged it in at 11:45pm last night but I think it is if you move over to a data connection i.e.3G and then back to wifi...so if I left my house to bike to work I would suspect that as soon as I got to work and was connected to the office wifi it would do a backup. Perhaps it only backs up so many times in a period of time...

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

All my devices back up everyday when plugged in and connected to wifi as Apple states it should.

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Mine does a backup all the time. Maybe your charging habits aren't as solid as it needs to be do constant backups. Idk, just a theory.