iCloud available for Windows Vista, but not Snow Leopard!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dba415, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dba415 macrumors 6502

This is by far the most irritating thing Apple has ever pulled off. iCloud is somehow available for Windows Vista but not Snow Leopard. Talk about screwing over your own customers. If that isn't it I don't know what is.

HIGHLY disappointed in Apple. That's just some slimy business.

2. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

iCloud will work on Snow Leopard. Wait for 10.6.9 next week.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Just curious, do you know something we don't? I know there are rumors of 10.6.9, but there's been nothing since August about that.

4. Luap, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Really? I thought Apple made themselves pretty clear.
    http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html
    I tend to believe them over rumours.

I would like this rumour to come true though, as I would prefer to continue using Snow Leopard over Lion.
    But if 10.6.9 were to be produced, then now is the time. Yet there is no real sign of it. Unlike other OS builds which get repeatedly leaked all over the internet prior to release.
    So I think 10.6.9 is highly unlikely..

5. swalsh macrumors newbie

yeah I was under the impression that it would only be compatible with Lion so I just updated this morning my snow leopard. It only costs 29.99 and it takes about half hour. But I think its definitely a jip considering Win 7 AND vista get it. My question is will I be able to now download it on my leopard macbook without paying 29.99 again. Or will I have to pay to upgrade to snow leopard then to lion? That would suck.

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You have to upgrade to Snow Leopard to get to the App store ($29.99) then upgrade that to Lion (which is free, since you already bought Lion - you can install it on all your Macs free of charge).

7. swalsh macrumors newbie

8. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

You actually don't need to buy Snow Leopard to get Lion on your MacBook. Here's a link that tells you how to create a Lion install disc (or flash drive) from the Lion download. If you have already done the install on your Mac, you just need to repeat the download.

www.macrumors.com/2011/07/18/make-an-os-x-lion-boot-disc

9. Candlelight macrumors 6502a

Candlelight

Apple want you to move to Lion, so they get your money.

Once they feel enough people have moved over - or iCloud isn't getting the hits they will like - they will release 10.6.9.

Considering the problems created by the influx of people moving over with Lion / iOS 5 only, imagine the headaches if Snow Leoparders tried to migrate on the same day!