iCloud backup failed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by magicpinkdrink, Jun 20, 2012.

1. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

So today I turned of iCloud backup so I could sync my iPhone 4 to my computer, which I have done before with no problems. After syncing it to the computer, I tried to turn iCloud backup on and keep getting a pop up that says "iCloud Backup Failed. Turn off airplane mode or use Wi-Fi to enable iCloud backup" My phone is NOT in airplane mode and it IS connected to Wi-Fi. I've tried toggling airplane mode on and back off, same with Wi-Fi, as well as a hard reset and no luck.

Also, my phone is not/has never been JB, physically/water damaged/etc. I am also out-of-warranty, so Apple store is not really an option as I am not interested in paying the OOW fee when I will be replacing the phone in 2 months when my AT&T contract is up.

Any advice, oh wonderful MacRumors friends?

2. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

I think something could be up at Apple's servers ATM.

A quick Twitter search also shows their iMessage service is not working for a large amount of users (including myself).

3. magicpinkdrink thread starter macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Ok, thanks for the info! I'll wait it out and try later.

4. GauravBR macrumors newbie

Have you tried taking backup again after few hours? Post here, any luck? Else, you should better try with another network.

5. magicpinkdrink thread starter macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I tried again last night and was able to get it working again