Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Hello,

Due to my stupidity and using common passwords across accounts, I've been forced to change my passwords due to a site being compromised. I've decided that I'm finally going to take the plunge and use 1Password to generate secure passwords and store them safely for me.

Notes:
PC, Windows 10
iCloud for Windows 4.1
iOS 9.0.2
Dropbox sync

Background:
I had to first set up Dropbox to get my PC to sync 1Password with my iPhone. I also decided to update my Apple password. When I logged into the Apple ID site, they offered me the chance to change my Apple ID. I updated it to match a currently used email address rather than the old one I've had since the late 2000s. I signed out of my old ID anywhere I could and logged back in with the new one. iMessage refused to work until I deleted my previous iMessage threads and started them fresh. Signed into iTunes on my PC fine. Signed out of and back into iCloud on my PC seemingly fine.

Problem:
Yesterday morning, I had an error message when I woke up. I was too out of it to read it before I hit ok.

Today, after changing my ID and password, I had a message when I woke up stating that my backup could not be completed because I didn't have enough storage (grandfathered 20gb plan). So I upgraded to the 50gb plan. I still can't complete a backup. Is there a time frame before the new storage tier is reflected across Apple's servers?

Also today, my photos are not copying down to my PC. My Photo Library folder (or whatever it's called now) does not show my previously downloaded photos (as of yesterday). They are there, I can get to them in Windows. But they don't show up in iCloud Photos. A total of 5, seemingly random photos, are displayed as being my "current" iCloud Photo Library. Anything I snapped fresh, did not appear. My shared streams still show fine.

I've restarted and hard rebooted my phone. I've rebooted the PC, uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud on the PC. No avail.

I'm wondering if it takes a while for my new 50gb to be reflected everywhere, and I also wonder if the ID change affected anything. Any suggestions for me to try?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I can also confirm that photos are showing up in near realtime on icloud.com. My pc however, random photos have shown up. No particular order. Nothing I shot at the Penguins game this evening, but some of test shots I took and pics I downloaded while on Wifi at home, have.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
This morning, after yet another backup-less night, I discovered that I cannot delete the backup in iCloud. I receive the message, "Cannot Delete Backp This backup cannot be deleted at this time."

One of Apple's support docs suggests trying via Windows... however when I click the Storage button within the iCloud Control Panel, I get a popup that either generates about an inch high and spans most of the scree, one one that's one inch square. No text within either box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.