iCloud backup "Not Enough Storage" problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pjny, Sep 25, 2015.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have 3 gb remaining on my icloud backup. I keep getting the Not enough storage problem saying not enoug icloud storage avaialble. I am only backing up contacts, calendars, notes and wallet on iCloud settings menu. Photos & mail are checked to "off" on icloud.

I have icloud drive on with 4 apps that take up no space(deliveries, soulver, textexpander, and flightrack).

Why is this happening?

2. yanki01 macrumors 68030

yanki01

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have 5gb on icloud. i have 32 gb iphone. I thought icloud only backs up icloud related stuff. I can't imagine it would require 3 gb. i removed all the photos and videos from iphone.

under general/storage and icloud usage/icloud/manage storage the apps listed probably take 100 mb.

the only app i have that takes up 10.2 gb is downcast (podcasts) and i haven't seen it on the backup list.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

5. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Strange thing is I checked all my devices and cant figure out what is taking 2gb on icloud. They are all not backed up to cloud due to this problem. All state "backup size" = 0 bytes. How do i Clear out icloud and start again.

6. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried backing up with my phone connected to laptop with latest version of itunes. Didn't work. Is this due to icloud bug on iso 9?

Thanks.