iCloud Backup Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by drb1992, Jan 27, 2012.

1. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I backed up my iPhone 4S before JB, and it turns out something went wrong with the JB (something messed up several days after I had initially JB the phone). I start the process of restoring my phone, and when I get to the part where I select which backup I want to use, the one I had made before JB was not there. Only the backups from the past few days were there (which were all backups of the JB phone). Frustrated, I just went ahead and restored the phone as a "New" phone. I have the phone exactly how I want it before I attempt JB again. Now for my question(s). Has this happened to anyone else? and is there a way to make sure a backup is not deleted and is usable whenever I need it? I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me and sooner rather than later. Because, I would really like to JB my iPhone asap. :D

*Note* I did all of my backups with iCloud and had the phone automatically backup whenever it was charging.

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

If it were me, I would make sure I made a backup through iTunes and disable iCloud until I JB. After the JB, I would enable iCloud backup again.. In theory iTunes will save that backup and it won't go anywhere, as you're using iCloud after that. Did that make any sense? lol

3. drb1992 thread starter macrumors 6502

drb1992

Yeah it did, thanks. I will try doing it that way, and if I need to restore my phone again, hopefully the iTunes non JB backup will still be there.