iCloud backup restore stuck

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Matt T, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Matt T macrumors regular

Matt T

I have an iPad 4th gen running iOS 10 public beta 4. Several days ago I performed an erase and restore of my iPad, which of course involved signing into iCloud again, and everything seemed to go normally. I left it alone for a day or so to let my iCloud backup finish restoring (including my photos etc) and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Yesterday I tried to install beta 10 and im receiving the message "you can install this update when your iPad has finished restoring from the iCloud backup" - a short time later I received a notification that said something about approving my iCloud signin from another device to complete the signin on my iPad, but I accidentally closed the notification before I could finish reading the message properly. So as far as I can tell some part of my iCloud signin has not completed and I need to use one of my other devices to complete my two-step verification for my iCloud backup to finish restoring, but I have not received any verification codes on any of the other devices (other than the code I received when I signed into iCloud as part of the setup process after erasing my iPad).

I can't sign out/in of iCloud again on my iPad because the sign out option in my settings is not present (presumably because the backup restore is still in progress). How can I can regenerate a two-step verification code to complete my signin? Or is there's another solution?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Has all the data restore to the device that you were trying to restore? If it has you can do a hard reset and it will reboot the iPad and the iCloud restore will be 'completed'.