iCloud backup, restoring info from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Oct 16, 2011.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, so I see that you can backup to the iCloud. And more annoying if you backup to the iCloud you cannot backup to your computer (and apparently now, even if I turn off iCloud it will not backup to my computer, even when I have iCloud backup off on my phone and iCloud backup off on my itunes. It just is refusing to backup to my computer. PErsonally I want a backup on my computer most of all. Backing up to iCloud to me is just a backup for my backup).

So, now that I apparently cannot backup to my computer ever (I am hoping/guessing it is a bug since it seems that you should be able to get it to since it gives you the option of picking even on iTunes), I then wonder how do I restore from iCloud?

I see the backup option on my iPhone to iCloud and even an option to pick what apps to backup data for, but no restore?

Also, can I restore just certain app data (basically I was told a while back that with iCloud you could save a game's data, erase it off the iPhone, and then when you put the game back on, get the game's data back on your iPhone. If so, how do you do this?). ANd how do you restore the whole iPhone back to backup you have on iCloud?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can use iCloud backup and still manually backup to your computer. In iTunes right click on the device and select backup.

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks, that definitely solves a big part of my question.

But, anyone know if you can save game data so as if you remove just that game you can get it back again if you re install the game? Or is it just like before that if you erase a game you lose the data?

(Oh and I found to restore you only get that option after connecting it again after it has been erased. And you have to do it from the phone side, basically once you tell it to restore on itunes use your phone to continue the rest of the steps, you can't do it from the itunes side).