Icloud backup size

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jr866gooner, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello all,

Couple of questions..

When you backup to icloud either manually or when connected to wifi how do they backup? Does yesterday's backup get overwritten?

Lastly when I went through settings I turned of certain items from being backed up but does this reduce the backup size? I have a 5gb quota with 4gb remaining. I reduced the amount that will be backed up as mentioned above but does that mean ill claw back some if that 5gb allocated to me?

2. white4s Suspended

pretty sure

yes

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You may backup at any time from Settings or allow the automatic "plugged in and connected to wifi daily backup".

I disabled photos from backing up because I have much more than 5GB and I back them up a different way.

Also, my understanding is that iCloud backup has basic versioning. And after the initial full backup the subsequent backups are incremental.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

iCloud backups are delta. HOWEVER if you turn off a particular area, as it warns you, it removes all backups for that area. So you can't go back to older versions of an item if its been shut off. But you can go back to the full backup for the the current and two previous runs.