iCloud Backup Storage Seems Too Large

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bboucher790, Mar 19, 2015.

1. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

Hey guys,

8.1.2 / iPhone 6 128GB

In the past, I've been able to keep my iCloud storage space down by turning off photo backup. I use iTunes Match to stream music from the cloud. I'm curious where the 3 GB backup is coming from. When I go to manage storage, there are a lot of small files, which come no where CLOSE to 3 GBs. Anyone have any suggestions how I can make my backup smaller? I have a decent amount of apps installed, but nothing outlandish. Is it possible my app number is causing this?

Thanks.

2. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Can you post a screenshot of your icloud storage settings and backup.
    If you turned off photo backup than I would suggest deleting your whole backup, which will also turn it off and than restart your phone. Than turn back up on again (with photos turned off) and than do the first backup manually.
    Apps shouldn't really consume that much space so there are not many options left really apart from photos. Let me know how it's going and since you are on iOS 8 you might as well update to 8.2.

3. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

are you looking at the storage on your phone or the breakdown of what is taking up the space in your backup?