iCloud Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parkjohnston, Aug 14, 2011.

1. parkjohnston macrumors newbie

I have been using the iOS betas for iOS 5 and recently in beta 4 and 5 i have not been able to sync to the cloud for a backup. I go into the iCloud settings to turn it on and then it turns right back off again after i leave that page. Any suggestions?

2. uncleiven macrumors regular

Mine is exactly the same.

Works fine on my iPad 2 though, running Beta 5 on both devices.

3. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that is a beta and all but i have the same issue running beta 5 on an iPad and that works no problem. Not sure if should restore or just let it go and hope that it gets fixed

4. uncleiven macrumors regular

I have restored and its still the same. I will just wait until the official release and use it then. Will continue to backup to iTunes for now.

5. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

That is what i was thinking even with all the reports that a new beta will be out soon i figured it was not worth the hassle and i will just wait until its released and hope that everything is resolved.

Thanks

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Same issue here starting in beta 4. I'm not too worried about it as an iCloud restore took me literally all night. Great if you need to be out and about but a USB sync restore is much faster if you're around your network.

Mine starts to backup but then stops and says "There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later."

My last completed backup was back on July 14th.

7. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

That is the exact same date as my last one, interesting

8. shandyman Suspended

apparantly my last backup was at 2.34am

have you guys only done the OTA update? i was having some issues with constant rebooting, so i did a full restore via iTunes and it's been fine since. Could be a problem with the OTA update for beta 5

9. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

i did not do an OTA for beta 5 i was using USB.

10. shandyman Suspended

set up as new? or restored from backup? my USB restore via iTunes and set up at new.

maybe some setting from the update is upsetting it.

11. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

I restored from a back up as i didn't want to sort through all my apps and setting the syncing again

12. shandyman Suspended

am guessin that must be it then, some setting from the backup is causing an issue

13. parkjohnston thread starter macrumors newbie

Just figured it all out.....

Remove the back up from your iCloud by using the system preferences on your mac or by logging into iCloud.com and remove the back up. After that go and try to turn back on the backup and it should work. I just did and it seemed to work.

Let me know