iCloud Backup?

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
I was rooting around, deleting the backup from my old phone when I noticed my last iCloud backup was a week ago!
It says the phone will back up when
1. Plugged in
2. On WiFi
3. Locked

Which got me wondering...I use it as a bedside clock every night so it never fulfils all of the above criteria, but my iPhone 4 was used in the same way, running 5.1.1 and it backed up automatically every night

Has this process changed since iOS6?

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Mine still backs up automatically overnight after the upgrade. Might be worth a call to support.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
That happens to me and my wife's iPhone4 once a while, but mine backup as soon as I charge it yesterday. :confused:

Last edited:

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2012
Mine says it backs up whenever it is plugged in and I wake it up - like first thing in the am when, still plugged in I check for messages. It says backed up at that very minute. I don't think it is really backing up then just telling me that it is.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Last night I connected it to my Mac and un-ticked Backup to iCloud and Wi-Fi sync.
Then I backed up and synched over USB.
Then I reselected Backup to iCloud and Wif-Fi sync and disconnected the USB cable.

Ran the bedside clock all night and checked this morning...no iCloud Backup.
So I locked it for 5 minutes then checked again...still nothing.

Will try again tonight as the period between backups may have been too short and then I'll report back

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Last night I connected it to my Mac and un-ticked Backup to iCloud and Wi-Fi sync.
Then I backed up and synched over USB.
Then I reselected Backup to iCloud and Wif-Fi sync and disconnected the USB cable.

Ran the bedside clock all night and checked this morning...no iCloud Backup.
So I locked it for 5 minutes then checked again...still nothing.

Will try again tonight as the period between backups may have been too short and then I'll report back
Is your phone in airplane mode?

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
Don't have any problem at all with iP4, iOS 6 backing up to iCloud. Hope you can fix your situation soon. Must be frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.