iCloud backup..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hxcdave, Sep 25, 2013.

1. hxcdave macrumors newbie

I just restored new, and instead of using a back up i used iCloud this time, because thats the only way to fix the Message usage problem and all.. My question is, how long does iCloud usually take because its been way longer than a regular back up its been waiting on mainly 2 apps , and the pictures arent loaded yet, just the outline of grey screens in the photo gallery.. its been around 30-45 mins is that normal or

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, it's normal. It's restoring over wifi, much slower than restoring from your computer.

Depending on how many photos/apps, etc..Can take up to a few hours.

3. hxcdave thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much, I honestly couldnt find a answer anywhere so this help out. Just a waiting game i guess. All my apps are loaded except skydrive and my Solar app for weather, then the photos arent loading yet so i guess a little longer. Its okay to unhook it from my laptop right..?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I have some big apps, they take forever to reload from iCloud backup..the photos are mainly waiting for the apps to finish installing. Once those are done, the photos should load much faster.

5. hxcdave thread starter macrumors newbie

for some reason my skydrive and solar just are at half way and been there for an hour, but theres no data in skydrive and all. so yeah

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's probably loading photos, some times it alternates. You can check by going to settings, about, and watching the number for photos.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

The servers are probably also maxed out. All those folks getting iPhones etc.

There is a part of me that wishes there was a way to do a local cloud backup. Same set up as iCloud but to your computer, a wireless drive etc, rather than Apple's system. Even to be able to set it up so every other day it flips. Or every so many days it does both.