iPhone iCloud Backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sparkomatic, Jan 22, 2014.

1. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Hi all, I jailbroke my 5s and now it seems that I can't do an iCloud backup. I saw another thread that said it was because of the Cydia app.

Just checking to see if that's true. I can do a local backup but I'm guessing that the Cydia app and hacks are preventing my iCloud backup to process. Thanks for the help!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The jailbreak does not effect iCloud backups.
    I have both jail broken iPhone 5S and iPad 4 with Cydia on them that backup to iCloud automatically and manually.

3. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Well that's interesting.

Hmm...I've got enough space for a backup. My iPad backs up to iCloud just fine. I can back up my 5s local but when it starts an iCloud backup, it says estimating time remaining and then goes right to "the last backup could not be completed"

4. alkalifly macrumors regular

alkalifly

The jailbreak itself shouldn't affect the ability to back up to iCloud, but I suppose it is possible that a tweak you have installed could be causing problems. You can try removing tweaks to see if they are the culprit (and reinstall any that are not the culprit)

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

At one point in the iOS 6.x days, pkgbackup caused this problem

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have PkgBackup on both my iPhone and iPad, not preventing iCloud backup for me.

7. timmax macrumors member

Did you happen to perform Reset All Settings on your phone?

8. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I did actually. I installed a tweak that kept making my phone boot into safe mode so I did do a reset all settings to start from scratch again.

9. timmax macrumors member

Well... as for my case, perform Reset All Settings crippled my Whatsapp Chat Backup via iCloud. Other iCloud backups not affected.

I did few tests, restore phone without re-jailbreak, reset all settings, check Whatsapp Chat Backup working perfectly. Restore again this time re-jailbreak, reset all settings, check, bam! it crippled Whatsapp Chat Backup via iCloud again.

I'm iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4 tested on evasi0n7-win-1.0.2 and 1.0.4 same results

[​IMG]

10. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Well, that's good to know. I didn't even think about how I did the Reset All Settings.

Now to decide whether or not I wanna try and jailbreak again. Back on 7.1 B4 but can easily go down to 7.0.4 and re-jailbreak. Is it worth it to get my Pacman eating signal bars?? haha

11. timmax macrumors member

Why not give it a try.. haha!

Wonder if other users having same issue after perform reset all setting on their jailbroken iphone