iCloud Backup

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by downingp, May 1, 2014.

1. downingp, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014

downingp macrumors 6502a

Anyone else having problems with iCloud backup lately? Yesterday, my devices backed up to iCloud without any problems as usually. Today, I plugged in my devices as usual to backup and all of my devices have essentially doubled in backup size. No idea what could have caused the increase in data. I haven't downloaded anything new or done anything I can think of that would use data.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. ewin42 macrumors newbie

ewin42

This has just started happening to me also. Have tried to fix the issue this morning but can't seem to find a cause.

Would love some help on this if anyone can help.

3. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

My backup the last few days has gone from around 1 gb to 1.9 gb to 2.2 gb and 2.8 gb as of this morning!! I haven't installed anything new and haven't done anything on my phone.

4. ewin42 macrumors newbie

ewin42

Just checked again this morning, on my iPhone it has jumped from 1.7gb to 2.4gb and my iPad had jumped from 2gb to 4.2 gb. I also have not installed anything new or added files to the iPhone or iPad. I am also not jail broken.

My last full backup was the last day in April so I wonder if something has happened once we crossed over into May.

Anyone else appear to have the same issue?