Icloud Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kareem2, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Kareem2 macrumors newbie

So here is the thing
    I want to download my backup of my old Iphone (5s) to my brother Iphone (6s) without deleting his data
    is that possible ?

PS: My brother is not living with me now and he wants that data from my phone remotely
    Thanks.

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

It's not possible without wiping his phone first, then restoring from the backup. As far as I know, there is no other way.

3. Kareem2 thread starter macrumors newbie

So if we did this the iCloud on my iPhone will be logged out or can it be logged in in both phones at the same time?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Your phone's data would then be the same as your brothers if he used you backup. Same contacts and appointments, etc.

I do not understand "logged"

You both would have still have different cell numbers.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, you can be logged into your iCloud account from multiple devices.

Once the iCloud backup / restore to your brother's iPhone process is complete, he can just log out of your iCloud account.

Dave

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Regardless, you cannot keep his current data intact if he uses your iCloud backup. It must be erased before you even get the option to use your iCloud backup.

7. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

tell him instead , to keep iCloud separate , do not share your iCloud account with anyone. but offer to share or ' family ' your separate iTunes accounts. that way you get each others apps, tv shows, movies, music and books.

you don't want to share others calendars and phone books and browser tabs on your iPhones. too much information. I'm sure your brother doesnt need to know what websites you visit

when he says he wants your data from your phone, he probably would be more interested in the apps you bought, and you can share those purchases without having to share the iCloud password

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

You are opening a pandora's box if you share a single iCloud account. Text messages, calendars, contacts, etc. The furthest you want to take it is what the above user suggested. iCloud family sharing.

9. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

oh i did not know there was iCloud family sharing, i thought their was only itunes family sharing and apple music sharing

10. dave006 macrumors 68020

The purpose of sharing the iCloud account is simply a "one time thing" to provide a way to restore a backup to a different device located at a remote location. The Thread Starter wanted to restore the data from in iPhone 5S to his brother's iPhone 6S.

Here is more information on Family Sharing: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201060

Dave

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes but with keeping the data on the 6s already there intact. Which isn't possible and not how iCloud backup was designed.