iCloud Backups Deleted?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by jpu, Jul 10, 2015.

1. jpu macrumors member

jpu

Hello!
    I've heard some people complain about their iCloud backups being wiped after upgrading to iOS 9. For example, a user upgrades their iPhone to iOS 9 and finds that all of the backups of their iPhone in iCloud (from iOS 8) have been deleted.

Has anybody else experienced this bug?

I have backed up my iPhone to iTunes but I would prefer to restore from iCloud if I need to.

It would be annoying if all my backups from iOS 8 in iCloud were deleted!

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I wouldn't be surprised if, being a beta, iOS 9 has its own "directory" in iCloud for backups so that an iOS 9 beta backup doesn't overwrite an iOS 8 backup, preventing a user from going back. This directory would be empty if you haven't backed up to iCloud yet.

3. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

iCloud backup is broken in iOS 9. That's why it tells you to backup with iTunes before installing. I can't backup any devices anymore on iOS 9 or my other devices still on ios 8.

4. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

yup, 0KB for me and after it finally "deleted" so I could try a fresh backup, it tells me my backup is too large. I've always turned off photos, etc, for backup - just the main system.

So I turned off my photostream uploads (because i think it was announced they will start counting towards your backup size) and it still gives me the "too large" error. Ugh.

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Yep mine are gone and showing 5gb space available. I have several backups in iTunes so not a big deal. I rather restore via iTunes anyway if it becomes required to restore. Much faster