iCloud Bookmark question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yuck Mouth, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Yuck Mouth macrumors member

I have a iPod Touch that I updated to iOS8. I made a backup on my PC before I did this. It became slow and laggy after the update so I decided to wipe the iPod and restore from the backup and it was still laggy. So I wiped the iPod again and decided to set it up as new and reinstalled and setup all my apps from scratch. Now everything's running much smoother.

Here's my question I want my iPod to pull down my bookmarks from iCloud but i'm a little concerned.

When I toggle on Safari in the iCloud setting it says it will merge my Safari data with iCloud. There are no bookmarks on my iPod yet. If I allow it to merge what will it do? Will my iCloud bookmarks be unaffected since there's no bookmarks on the iPod and it will pull down my iCloud bookmarks or could it potential erase them from iCloud?

Thanks,

2. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

AFAIK your previously-created bookmarks will be synced without a problem from iCloud to the iPod touch.

3. Yuck Mouth thread starter macrumors member

In case anyone's interested I did the merge and it pulled down the bookmarks no problems. I did however delete a couple of those default favorite sites from Safari.

4. MikkyHarren macrumors newbie

I want some friends I can go level with or take some ops. Hard to find people on during my play time because I'm in the USA. I am currently Protopharma but I can switch on my own to whichever faction. I prefer anti-city.