iCloud bookmark sync/iCloud control panel problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by walkalia, Sep 20, 2013.

1. walkalia macrumors newbie

Hey folks, so I updated to ios7 yesterday, and learnt that there was a way, through a chrome extension and the icloud control panel, to sync my chrome bookmarks with safari on my iphone. So ahead i went with installing both, and for some reason:

a) my icloud control panel doesnt recognize the fact i have chrome and firefox installed. It just gives me a default "Bookmarks- with IE" option. On the net, i see people posting screenshots of the panel with a little "Options" button in the bookmarks field, bu i got nothing, and
    b) my icloud extension on chrome doesnt recognize the fact that I'm already signed into the iCloud control panel. It just goes on saying "sign in to control panel".

[​IMG]

Tried uninstalling and re installing several times, nothing's changed. Forgive my noobness- what'm I doing wrong?

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I saw this a long time ago when I was using a PC.

For some reason you need to sync with IE first. Then you'll have the option to sync with other browsers. Don't ask me why.