iCloud Bookmarks - any way to force mobile or desktop versions?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by krapidler, Jul 20, 2014.

1. krapidler macrumors newbie

I really like Safari on OS X now and I especially like iCloud Tabs - but it seems that to use that, I also have to turn on bookmark syncing.

The problem is that if I bookmark certain (news) websites on OS X, iPhone Safari does not do an automatic redirect (i.e. some websites automatically redirect from www.domainname.com to m.domainname.com, but some don't, making these bookmarks useless on iOS). When I save the bookmark with the "m.", I also get the mobile version on my Mac. Having two separate bookmarks next to each other is not an option. Maybe there is a plugin for Safari on OS X that forces a redirect from mobile websites to desktop versions?

Btw I am mainly talking about the main bookmarks bar on Safari OS X, and "Favorites" (i.e. the little favicons you see when opening a new tab) on iOS.

On a sidenote, there's actually some websites I'd like to see as mobile version on iPhone, and as desktop version on my Mac *and my iPad* because the mobile versions are made for smaller screens. I guess this only complicates my problem...

2. Mike MA macrumors 65816

Mike MA