iCloud "borrowed" my music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Harry Tainte, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Harry Tainte macrumors newbie

I am not a fan of the complication known as iCloud; it seems like a "convenience" that I would rather do without. If I find an actual use for it, then I'll waste my valuable time trying to figure it out.

But in iTunes, there are songs that appear only in iCloud. These are songs I own and imported from CDs over 10 years ago, and now they are only available in iCloud. I do not have iTunes match; when I download them they are 128K just as they were when I imported them. And it is not saving space on my HDD, as the songs appear to be there in the library when I navigate to them in the iTunes Music folder. Except the only way to play them in iTunes is to download them again.

WTF? Why is iCloud removing files? Its like a terrible friend who fesses up when you ask it "where's my...", and then says "Oh, sorry, I borrowed it when you weren't looking". Why does it not just mind its own business and leave my owned, private content alone? And how do I get it to stop doing this? I need a divorce.

2. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Ha.
    Normally it's when you have content purchased but not downloaded.