iCloud calendar and Watch sync

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aneres11, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Aneres11 macrumors 68000

Aneres11

Hi all.
    I don't have an Apple Watch at the moment so apologies if this is a silly question.

To give some background, I work in an office where phones are not allowed out. They live in a locker just outside the office but close enough so an Apple Watch would connect to the phone ok.

I have a lot of calendar meetings each day and wondered if I could log in on my work desktop to my iCloud account via the iCloud.com url, add the meetings / appointments in manually and then they'd appear in my phone and on my watch automatically?

Is this possible? I've tried logging into my iCloud account on my work PC now to have a play, but I don't use an Apple device currently so can't do two factor authentication, and my mobile number registered is an old one so can't confirm that way either.

Any help would be appreciated as if I could do this then it'd be a great way to keep track of my daily diary if I'm not at my desk and all my messages and calls etc with not being able to have a phone with me.

2. jsd79 macrumors member

I believe the answer is yes. Entering appointments using iCloud's web interface should send those new appointments to your phone, which would then put them on your watch. The trick is to make sure that your phone is checking for new calendar data regularly, which can be adjusted in the phone's settings.

3. Aneres11 thread starter macrumors 68000

Aneres11

Great thank you. I guessed it would work, I just wanted to make sure really.

It's a setup that would be ideal for me. :)