iCloud calendar cannot send out invites to non iCloud users

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jolton, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jolton macrumors member

This has been brought up before once and on the apple discussion forums. I wanted to get some feed back from others here who have this problem as well.

It appears that when creating a new even in ical under my iCloud account, or through iCloud online, any caldav invites sent out to any user that does not have a .me address will not be received.

I called apple support on this and the answer I got was (and I'm not joking) that this is how they made it and it's not broke.

Has anyone here been able to successfully send out a caldav invite from iCloud to gmail or any other users?

2. jolton thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Bump

3. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

I just tried it from iCal, and the invite went to my work (non-iCloud) address.

4. jolton thread starter macrumors member

Yeah but it wasn't a Gmail address, was it? For some reason the invites will NOT get sent out to anyone using a Gmail address.

5. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a