iCloud Calendar Issue (Alerts)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ZGXtreme, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Interested if I am the only one having this issue. For example, I added my days off to the iCloud calendar and set the repeat option to weekly. That was it as far as options go. Randomly, I begin getting alerts to my days off the day prior to them. I check the calendar entry and somehow the alert has been activated. I change the setting and save for future events. Yet the issue is repeated the next week. This is not exclusive to just these calendar entires and happens with many of them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I'd start by checking the default alert times for various events:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (scroll down to "Calendars" section) Default Alert Times > check there to see if the options selected are what you want.

For example, if you entered your days off as all day events, check to see if the "All-Day Events" default is set to "1 day before (9:00)" or something similar. If so, that's likely what's causing the alerts to appear.

3. Minicube macrumors regular

I assume you've checked the settings r2shyyou mentioned. I've not had your problem, but I am experiencing random subscription inactivations. Over and over (see thread below). Are you on Lion or Mt. Lion?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1503337

4. ZGXtreme thread starter macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Thanks, just checked that and all are set to none. I've gone to the extent of deleting as a while some of the entries which repeat and even then the alerts will reappear. It's boggling my mind as to why lol.

I'm on Mt. Lion with iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 and iOS 5 on my iPad 1. All synced with the same iCloud account.

5. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

And are they also all set to "None" on your other devices? (Not sure if the setting on one transfers to others.) I believe the path is the same for iOS 5 as it is for iOS 6 but it's obviously different for Mountain Lion.