iCloud Calendar Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iFalcon, Mar 28, 2014.

1. iFalcon macrumors regular

I'm hoping someone can recommended or point out an option for me.

At work, I use Outlook and when creating a personal appointment (ex: soccer) I will invite my iCloud account.

I then use my iphone and access the invite via email, select the attachment, and then select the calendar (ex: kids). All goes well.

However, the problem starts if I need to update the time of the event. In outlook I will update the time and send the update to iCloud. However, iCloud doesn't pick up adjustment. In fact, I was thinking I also run into issues when deleting an event from Outlook.

Google calendar will handle these update seamingless when using an Android device.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another alternative approach for me? I know Apple has the outlook sync utility; however, work prohibits installing these type of things on your computer.

Appreciate the input.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

When you say Outlook are you talking about Outlook on the Mac, on a certain PC (running what version of Windows) are you using the inboard calendar inside it?

3. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

I am using Outlook on my Windows PC to initiate the invite.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Unfortunately iCloud calendar is not very compatible with most other system regarding invitations. iCloud to iCloud works very well.

5. impaler macrumors 6502

mmmm...even iCloud to iCloud has issues. I share a bunch of calendars with my girlfriend - all on iCloud, and we both have iPhones. Occasionally she won't get an invite...nor will I. Appointments also sometimes don't show up on both calendars on icloud.com. And I'm not consistently notified of appointments she creates...it's flaky in my experience. But it generally works ok.

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I too shear my iCloud calendar but we don't do invites. We have it set so any edits/add/deletes on any calendar will notify via email and in-app on the iOS devices. Works fine.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is the Outlook calendar a local-computer calendar or an Exchange calendar?

8. impaler macrumors 6502

Ok. But the invites should work - and they're inconsistent.