@icloud.com email address

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by James Godfrey, Sep 19, 2012.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi

Anyone know how to activate the new @icloud email addresses in iOS 6???

Thanks

James

2. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Im not sure if they applied that yet. Id also love to know if they did. I assume it would just automatically go from @me to @icloud; with @me being auto-forwarded to @icloud...? I dunno though. :confused:

3. pittman87 macrumors regular

It already is. Just start using @icloud.com instead of @me.com. You'll have to change it in your contacts.

4. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Not working here tried sending email to my iCloud.com email had an undelivered email bk :-/

5. cappers macrumors member

....and me

6. steveing64 macrumors 6502

I had to go into settings then icloud all working now

7. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

You mean to sing in with @icloud apple id instead of @me?... tried but didnt work.

8. pittman87 macrumors regular

I think the common misconception people are having is that they think their iCloud account email has changed. Your iCloud account email is what you used to originally create an iCloud account when iCloud was released. Go to settings/iCloud. At the top you'll see your iCloud account email. That was the email we all used to create an iCloud account. We had to use an existing email account (gmail, yahoo etc) When we created an iCloud account we then chose an @me.com email (ex. johnappleseed@me.com) That email is still a part of the original iCloud account email address and password. So if you go to iCloud.com and use your @me.com username, which is now @icloud.com and your original iCloud account password you should be able to login to the website. Make sure you have also set up your iCloud email account on your phone or other device.

Also, if you tap on your iCloud account under settings/iCloud you can scroll down and see where it says mail and your @icloud.com email name.