iCloud combined contacts...can you help?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by busybme, Jan 16, 2012.

1. busybme macrumors newbie

I searched the site and didn't see an answer to this problem (although others expressed similar situations).

My family (2 iphone4s, 2 iphone3Gs) hoped to all get on the Cloud. I was the first, when I got a replacement phone from the genious bar staff at my local Apple store. Everything was fine.

My teen daughter was next. She updated her software and opted to get on the Cloud. Unbeknownst to me, all of my contacts showed up in her contacts. She proceeded to delete all of MY contacts, one by one, from her phone.

Botton-line: all of my contacts disappeared from my phone due to her deletions and the only ones left on my phone are HER personal contacts.

Has anyone else run into this? I HAD backed up my phone just a few days ago...are my contacts still on iTunes?

Help would be appreciated! Thank you all so much!

Sandy

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Sorry about that Sandy. Looks like you are both using the SAME iCloud ID. I recommend you all have your own personal iCloud ID that you use for your Mail, Calendar and Contacts etc. However, I recommend you use the same iTunes ID if you have been sharing iTunes Purchases in the past (Music, Movies and Apps etc.).

I do not believe your Contacts would be in iTunes Backup "if" all of your contacts are in iCloud.

What computer are you using? If a Mac are you backing it up to Time Machine? I am not sure but maybe you can get your Mac Address Book from there and get you Contacts that way but I am not sure.

Good Luck.