icloud confusion

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by white4s, May 9, 2012.

1. white4s macrumors 65816

i have icloud set up on the ipad and iphone. everythings working fine but nothing shows up on the other device? meaning taking a picture with the iphone does not show up on the ipad? isn't this how it works??? like the commercial lol

:confused:

2. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Pictures show up in PhotoStream. You have to make sure that is turned on on both devices. That is where you can see pics from either device.

Michael

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Also make sure the same account is setup on both devices.

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Also, make sure your on WiFi to send the photos to Photo Stream

5. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

check

check

and check

this is why i am very confused. accounts are the same, settings are in sync with each other, etc etc etc

6. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Just to be clear...

You can see the PhotoStream library on both devices? If so does it only show pics taken with the device itself? If so that is rather strange.

Also, if I remember correctly turning on PhotoStream is a go-forward basis. So any pics already in the camera roll are not uploaded; only photos taken after it was turned on are uploaded. (I am going by how it worked at first release... perhaps it uploads pre-existing photos now.)

Oh, and photos only in PhotoStream--no vids.

Michael

7. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

i have to look at the ipad again and see if the photostream is there but i know it is turned on so i'm assuming. yea i took pictures and none showed up on the other device

8. samh macrumors 6502

They don't go into the camera roll, they go into an album called... wait for it... Photo Stream. If you have Photo Stream turned on, it would be helpful for us to know what shows up there.

9. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

yea well it would helpful not to be a jerkoff either. did i say anything about looking into the camera roll for photostream? nope. simply said photostream is turned so i assume the photostream is there

10. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

You might have several "albums" in your Photos - only one of which will be Photostream. And, it will not necessarily have as many photos as are in the main Photo Library. It SHOULD have all the photos you have actually taken with your iDevice since you turned on the PhotoStream iCloud capability. Since the recent update, you can now delete from PhotoStream on any connected device - a great convenience that should have been there from the beginning.

11. white4s, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

well, notes and reminders are working correctly. still having problems with pictures

update: pictures are syncing but new pictures are not, wifi connection is good. not sure