iPad mini iCloud Confusion

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MauerFan, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MauerFan macrumors regular

I have a question regarding iCloud. If I were to buy an app could I store it in the cloud and not have it count against the 16GB (14GB) storage that my mini has, and then retrieve it when I want it? Or is that not how iCloud works? I do understand with iCloud you can access things from multiple devices, but that's about it.

2. MFL2012 macrumors member

The answer to your 1st question is yes but....when you download the app to your mini it will obviously take up storage space and I believe that if you delete it, you will lose any data associated with that app. If you download it again it will be like you are using it for the first time.

3. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

Alright that makes sense, thanks!

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can download and delete apps from your iPad at any time, but do note when you delete the app you lose any associate data with the app; this may be game saves, documents, or one-time in-app purchases (these are just a few examples).

5. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

While this is generally true, some apps allow you to save your data into iCloud.

Also you will NOT have to pay for any in app purchases again that add functionality to the app. If you just buy coins for a game, then you may lose them, but if you choose to remove adverts from an app, you will not be charged again. Most in app purchases do not have to be purchased again.

6. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Anything you purchase via iTunes, App Store, will be stored in iCloud. iCloud stores your apps, movies, TV shows, Photos on your iDevice, homescreen layout... All data stored on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. If you we're to purchase an app, that app would automatically beautiful downloaded on any Device with iCloud enabled and with your Apple ID.