iCloud Contacts/Address Book with 10.6

SC.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Has anybody yet found a method/solution for syncing an iCloud account's Contacts on a non 10.7 Mac..??

I'm trying to set up main iCloud functions (Mail, Calendar & Contacts) for family members who have iOS 5 devices and now iCloud accounts, but are running older Macs using 10.5 or 10.6....

Mail - Have this all working, no problems.

iCal - Working, sans pushing to the Mac (although it pushes the opposite way) so I've advised setting the Mac to refresh the calendar every minute instead.

Address Book is the only application I can't seem to find any reported solutions or workarounds for out there....I've read a few reports of people taking a stab at various carddav address, but nothing seems to be working so far.....

Any ideas or experiences ??

Thanks, Steve

morebytes

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Rosa
Calendar and Mail Sync for those with 10.6

you can use the following settings in iCal to sync your calendars in the attached pic.

Has anybody yet found a method/solution for syncing an iCloud account's Contacts on a non 10.7 Mac..??

iCal - Working, sans pushing to the Mac (although it pushes the opposite way) so I've advised setting the Mac to refresh the calendar every minute instead

Thanks, Steve

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.