iCloud Contacts disappeared from iPhone (Huge Issue)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dj64Mk7, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dj64Mk7, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

Dj64Mk7 macrumors 6502a

I have a huge issue. I've lost every single contact card on my iPhone. Just this morning, all my contacts were present, then they disappeared sometime after I got home. Note that they are still present on my Mac and iPad, they're just not there on my iPhone. They're even present on iCloud.com. Any ideas on what happened? What can/should I do to solve this huge issue?

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I would start by going into settings, icloud and switch contacts off and then back on.

Failing that sign out if icloud and back in on the settings app. Before reconfiguring icloud make sure you know your password etc!

First option should be sufficient tho.

3. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

4. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried both of these, and neither of them worked. As a matter of fact, I'm now having this issue with Calendar, too. I can still access all the data on my Mac and iPad, however. Making things strange is that other iCloud features like Photo Stream are still working and updating perfectly, on my iPhone (and the other devices, of course).

5. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I'd do a reset on your phone and clear all the data off. Then sign in with your account or do restore from backup if you don't think your backups are corrupted.

You not jailbroken right?

6. Dj64Mk7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update

As it turns out, everything just needed some time to get re-synced. No restore is needed. Thanks for all your help, anyway.