iCloud contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Gix1k, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

So I have an iPad and an iPhone. Within iTunes I sync my contacts to Outlook. I have iCloud syncing contacts too. The contacts that are on my iPad are whats on iCloud, but my iPhone has a bunch of different ones. Any idea why they aren't all the same? I need the phone contacts to be updated to the cloud. I went to the settings and did a backup, but it did not change on the cloud.

I deleted the contacts from iCloud.com and from the ipad. I did a backup on the phone again and they are not updating to iCloud, so it's the phone that is not seeing/using the cloud. Ideas?

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

iCloud and outlook are different your contacts in your phone are most likely from your outlook account like mine are from gmail
    [​IMG]
    You sync you outlook contacts to iCloud from your Mac to make it work how you want to

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

That's exactly what's happening. Watching a YouTube vid to see how to sync outlook with the cloud. Thank you

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

No problem I asked myself the same question at first lol apple should had made a merge button for it lol

5. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Working perfectly now! Thanks!!!!!