iCloud deleted (some) of my documents!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by SgtP3pp3r, Sep 5, 2012.

1. SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

I don't understand what happened.

I tried to access my documents on Numbers on my iPad (which i use regularly across my devices) and around 50% of the documents are GONE!

The documents on Pages and Keynote seem to be there, or at least the majority. But the documents on Numbers have vanished! The last time i accessed them was probably a week ago.

So right away after i see the documents missing, i check my iPhone, and i see the documents are there... and right away before my very eyes they started vanishing.

So i come back to my Mac, and disconnect the internet in hopes the files were still there, but no such luck... they were long gone.

I think this has to do with my updating to ML. I updated to Mountain Lion on 3 days ago, and whilst doing that i had some problems getting Pages to read to documents in the cloud. So i toggled iCloud "on" then "off" on my Mac. JUST on my Mac. When doing that, it warns me that the files ON THE COMPUTER will be deleted. Not the files on the frikkin cloud... Note, i did not even check to see if Numbers documents were reading or not, just Pages.

I tried some methods online to extract backups of my iPhone, and iPad from my Mac, but had no luck, their were no files inside.

Any how, they are not all gone... just the important ones!

Any ideas how to get them back???

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

You need to call Apple Support. I would think they would be able to retrieve them.

Cautionary tale though. No way I'd trust Apple with sensitive data right now. If you're going to use cloud-based storage....go with Dropbox.