iCloud Developer Account?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Kahnyl, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

When I try loggin into iCloud.com I get "Your Apple ID is not an iCloud Developer Account". I was able to log in on Monday. I have Mac and iOS dev accounts so do I need another one? If so, where do I sign up? I'm guessing since iCloud Developer Account is capped like that that it's an actual thing.

2. angle macrumors regular

To the best of my knowledge it's not (I may be wrong though) however as a registered developer (iOS) I'm also not able to login :(

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I assume you've set an iCloud account up with your Apple ID?

4. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

Same problem. When I make a new account it lets me log in just fine, but all of my data is synced to iCloud via my original iCloud account that I made during Beta 1.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yup ... hence the 'Beta' ... but I think they are doing a lot of hokey-pokey with 'accounts' data at the backend... my contacts all of a sudden disappeared on iCloud and then after a few hours I started adding .. then got fed up ... logged in after some time and they were all back !

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I was trying to login to move my MobileMe account over to iCloud and was getting the same "not a developer" message. I finally went into my MobileMe settings on my Mac and there was a "move to iCloud" link right there that set it all up for me. There may be something similar for setting up a new iCloud account in iCloud settings. Of course I updated to all of the latest beta releases of Lion/ IOS/ iCloud