iCloud Documents and iTunes.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Alan Mackey, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Alan Mackey macrumors newbie

Is there any way to automatically add my iCloud documents to iTunes, so I don't lose them in case I accidentally delete anything?

DropBox and SkyDrive allow you to recover your deleted files, so I guess I'm trying to 'replicate' that feature.

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Do you run any sort of system backup already (Time Machine, Crash Plan or something like that)? If so....you're already covered.

3. Alan Mackey thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that.

Let's say I'm on a week-long business trip and my iMac at home is not powered on. If I accidentally delete a new document there's no way I could recover it. If the document existed previously, I could recover a somewhat old version of it, losing an entire week of work.

DropBox is not really an option because iWork won't work unless you do a rather convoluted workaround. And the only thing I could think of is adding manually your documents to iTunes.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

You're right if the iMac isn't on, but that would be what I would adjust. Otherwise you really have no way of doing the iCloud doc storage with the redundancy you are looking for.