iCloud documents potential screwup with iOS 8 beta

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ryuok, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ryuok macrumors regular

I've noticed that upon first starting iWork in Yosemite or iOS 8, your iCloud documents get duplicated in a new directory exclusively for 10.10 and iOS 8. Changes in documents in iOS 7/ Maverick after this point do not get copied over to this replicate directory. There is NO syncing between the two directories!

It appears that as soon as you start using iWork on one single 10.10 or iOS8 device, you must stop using icloud on any non-yosemite/iOS 8 device.

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

There is a note on the developer portal about this. The behavior you're experiencing is expected.

3. ryuok thread starter macrumors regular

You are right. Actually my point is that don't open iWork unless you are going to stick to Yosemite/ios8 from now on.

I doubt Apple is going to do another sync for you once the OS goes final.

4. micawoli macrumors member

Manually restore using dsync files?

I'm having the same syncing problems with the Downcast app. Is there a workaround for restoring iCloud files manually? I really don't want to have to rebuild my library. This is the only dealbreaker for me so far! Otherwise this iOS is working great!

5. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Let me preface this by saying, I'm NOT a developer but I do have iOS 8b1....

Just opened iWork apps for the first time since upgrading. Tells me I need to download the app updates from the dev website. Obviously I can't do this. I'm assuming what the OP is experiencing is due to being on the developer only updates of the iWork suite.

Since I am not, I'll still be using the iOS/Mavs version and will be fine (as far the issue you are facing) but won't be able to check out iCloud Drive.

That make sense?

EDIT: It would seem I'm actually in some sort of limbo where I can neither access the new iCloud stuff nor can I access my iCloud saved files like I could in iOS 7/Mavs. Not a huge deal....the iPhone and iPad I'm running iOS 8 on are not my primary devices for those things.

Oh well - no worries!

6. jredecop macrumors 6502a

I'm on 10.10 with my MacBook pro and my iPad and iPhone are on 8, no syncing either way running the updated numbers app as well. Maybe next beta.

7. crazyman3005 macrumors regular

Everything else within iCloud, contacts, photo stream, keychain etc is working absolutely fine on the upgrade from ios7 to ios8 though correct?

8. micawoli macrumors member

Yeah all of the apple documents sync back it's just third party documents like downcast. I get a message regarding icloud documents and not being able to syncs back earlier versions. Hopefully someone will figure out a workaround!