icloud downloaded messages to my macbook

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by myapple123, Jan 23, 2014.

1. myapple123 macrumors newbie

I noticed on my work computer after I installed Maverick and logged into the cloud, all of the imessages on my phone downloaded to my work computer. I deleted them immediately. I do not want my work nosing through my text messages. Can I be sure they are permanently deleted?

2. Rigby macrumors 601

What are you trying to do? I would recommend not logging into your personal iCloud account from your work machine.

3. Bear macrumors G3

This. This gives the work computer and theoretically anyone at work access to any data that is synced to your computer.

4. myapple123 thread starter macrumors newbie

question

I deleted the messages and the cache. Do they still have access? You mean they could read the messages?

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I would delete you iCloud account off your work computer. As long as you're signed into it, I bet they have access to it all.

This is why I have 2 cell phones. My work gave me one and I can easily use that phone only, but it's never good to put personal info on a company phone or computer.