iCloud Drive access from iOS Pages

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Slcflier, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Slcflier macrumors newbie

Hey all, I'm wondering if anybody has been able to access files in Pages that are stored in iCloud Drive but not in the Pages folder of iCloud Drive. I can only access the ones in the Pages folder of iCloud Drive and not ones in other folders. I'm running iOS 8.0.2 on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini with Retina Display. Thanks for all of your help!

2. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

Nope, I don't think it's designed like that. Hopefully that changes soon. I think a dedicated app. Is also a must for a cloud storage program. Knowing Apple though it'll never happen, I was so hoping to finally be able to store movies and TV shows in iCloud drive and watch stream them via iTunes kinda how purchased movies show up in your library.

3. Slcflier thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not what all of their screenshots and literature would lead us to believe. They sold the whole thing on being able to access any file from any compatible program like pages. That was the whole point.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

iOS 8 iCloud Drive will not be truly functional until Yosemite.

So until you install Yosemite, Pages et al on iOS still needs to access via the dedicated iCloud folder/app.

5. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

It also doesn't work with Yosemite.
    What you see when you open Pages on iOS is all you'll be able to access form your iCloud Drive. That's only documents that are stored in the pages folder of iCloud Drive.

6. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

I dont disagree, just don't see it working like that for the time being. It appears to be more of a sync service between devices that gives you the option to store a huge amount of files in the cloud, however if you create a folder in the iCloud drive folder in Yosemite and put pages, numbers, and keynote documents in it there is no way to access it on a mobile device. Same with movies, and same with pictures. Hence is why a dedicated iCloud drive app would be most beneficial.