iCloud drive access from iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by myname70, Oct 17, 2014.

1. myname70 macrumors 6502a

Guys, how can I access my iCloud drive from the iOS 8.1 devise ? Cannot see such an option.... I access it from the iMac , even set a new folder inside with some text files and zip archives, but cannot see it on the iphone

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

It doesn't work like that on iOS. If you have documents on you mac in your iCloud folder that are "Pages documents" for example, you will open up pages.app and they will show there.

3. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But the new future in the iCloud d be is exactly to act as a drive - that is why I can create me folders thee and to put whatever files I want. And they are there. So, iOS does not support iCloud drive then... The pages or numbers files are just as a normal iCloud function but not the drive one. If so - no any sense to have iCloud drive at all and to be able to create folders and save any files (like Dropbox) since I can access them again only from the originator - the iMac

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

It does act as a drive on your Mac, PC and Web browser.

iOS doesn't have a file system so you can only access the files you want from the relevant app.

Previously pages used iCloud to sync to your devices, now it uses iCloud Drive to store them for a more seamless approach.

Its still a bit wooley but the concept is there.

5. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Download documents 5 - that acts as both ipad doc storage and allows access to iCloud Drive.

OR pay for goodreader (makes sure it's the right one). Enable icloud in settings and then move your stuff there. You can evict files there, then they are just on the cloud. Complete drive control is possible doing that. It's possible just not native.

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Unfortunately at the moment, it's just iCloud supprt and not iCloud Drive support.

7. Wbutchart macrumors regular

It's got iCloud Drive support. I can access iCloud Drive using the import option.

8. Cscottrun macrumors 6502