iCloud Drive access iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TheMTtakeover, Jan 1, 2015.

1. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

What apps are you guys using on iOS to give you access to your data in iCloud Drive? I had Documents recommended to me previously; but anytime I attempt to open or view a file in it the app just freezes and I have to force close it.

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Goodreader..

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

:confused:

----------

ok a search enlightened me on Goodreader--never heard of it before--:eek:

4. TheMTtakeover thread starter macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I see it seems to focus on PDFs, will it open pictures and will it allow me to open documents in other apps?

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Transmit. It opens some things itself, and lets you open/send to other apps.

Lets me do other things too of course, heh.

6. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Yes it will address all the things that you are looking for. It lets u open all the file types. Check out their homepage for more info.

7. Trahearne macrumors 6502

It can open, in read-only mode, rich texts, iWork and Microsoft Office documents. IIRC photos and audios are supported too. Mind you that GoodReader currently can neither manage folders nor move files among folders per Apple's policy enforcement. It may not be Apple's issue this time, though.

You may also try Documents 5 by Readdle.

8. TheMTtakeover thread starter macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I have tried Documents 5 and it crashes every time I try to open anything in iCloud Drive.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

None. I do not use iCloud drive at all.

10. Trahearne, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015

Trahearne macrumors 6502

As a clarification, I just meant those limitations for GoodReader's own iCloud container. Documents 5 should be fine if you play with files in its iCloud container. But for DocumentPicker (Open In), the PDF Expert view seems to have some issues with it (Remote files in Transmit, in my case). GoodReader has no such issue on my iPad so far, but the button to trigger DocumentPicker is buried behind taps... I would rather use the Connect & Sync with Dropbox/OneDrive/etc features of these apps, other than iCloud, even if it is at the expense of no on-demand loading but desktop-ish folder sync, frankly speaking.

The only thing I can say about iCloud Drive is the attempt of blending seas of messy app containers with generic storage use drastically failed. It needs to be reinvented, again.

11. Readdlemate macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Hi there!

Can you please send us more detail at rdsupport@readdle.com? Would be glad to find the reason of this issue.

Best regards,
    Your Readdle Team