iCloud Drive app?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hthomas, Oct 16, 2014.

1. hthomas macrumors member

Will there be a iCloud Drive app coming for 8.1? I can't seem to figure out how to access my files on iCloud drive from my iPhone or iPad.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

You access it through apps that support iCloud there is no iCloud Drive app like there was iDisk

3. hthomas thread starter macrumors member

Gotcha! Do we have a list of apps that support it? Or will we get those after 8.1?

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Seeing as iCloud drive works the best now that yosemite is out and it works on iOS 8.0 we should see them start showing up soon.iCloud drive isnot dependent on 8.1.It definitely needed yosemite though

5. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

It amazes me that this topic is not on top. It might be debated to death during the DP's though.

Why can't I attach a file from iCloud (whatever file that is! (think PDF's…)) to an e-mail?

Why can't I send a PDF file with Messages? Why am I NOT able to actually open a pdf from iCloud drive on my iPhone/iPad??? Because there is no Preview application on iOS?? I can't store a Numbers file in iCloud drive (in Yosemite) in a different folder (say a project folder), my iPhone will simply not see the file because it is not in that specific Numbers folder…

Ridiculous.

I so seriously hoped that iCloud drive on iOS would take away 99% of the hurdles in sending/receiving/etc. files on iOS but where still nowhere.

Windows Phone does this almost perfect. Apple should be ashamed.

6. 3282868 macrumors 603

Started a similar thread, didn't see this one, good points all. The only app I found that works now is "Cloud Drive Explorer". Only caveat is you can open and view folders and files, but you can't delete, move, send, etc. Might be Apple's lockdown with iCloud, perhaps using an iCloud generated password would allow better access.

Good iCloud Drive apps?