Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hounslowfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Hi all,

On my iPhone 5s, iCloud Drive is not working properly in iWork. The apps are not synching properly to my iCloud Drive. They don't download the list of files in iCloud and they don't upload either.

iCloud Drive is switched on. When I delete the apps and reinstall, the previously created files are restored - it is as if I now have two parallel iCloud drives for iwork which are not seeing each other!

Anyone else suffering from this?

hounslowfish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
Are all the iWork apps up to date? There are new ones as of yesterday.

Yes - these are the updated apps. iCloud is activated and I can pull up the iCloud picker, but the files in the Numbers folder in the iCloud picker are not appearing in the regular Numbers file chooser!

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
I had a similar problem when iOS 8 launched. Creating a new document on icloud.com forced a sync for some reason.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
I've updated everything to the latest software (my mac, iOS devices, iWork suite) and yes I have also been having the frustrating experience of broken iCloud drive across everything.

Yesterday, when I updated to yosemite, 10gb of files uploaded to iCloud drive perfectly (and are viewable on all my devices) but ever since then nothing is updating or syncing on any of my devices.

khongaeng

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
USA or ประเทศ&
Anyone else still having this problem? Any alternative solutions would me much appreciated

I have tried turning off iCloud. Logging out (and deleting all files on my mac and iPhone 6). And nothing has worked.

On my mac, after logging back in, all of the files are downloaded from the cloud, so I know that they are there, but none of my iDevices can see them.

Now for venting: I have survived the Mobile Me-ss, the original iCloud hiccups and now this iCloud drive staggered introduction and bugginess. I've decided that Apple is incapable of doing the cloud right, just when I was about to shell out 20 a month for the 1TB drive....

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
This is the first time I'm really disappointed in a new Apple feature. I finally got iCloud drive to instantly upload and download new files (although its still not as fast in syncing as google drive or dropbox) but now I've run into another problem....ANY app I used on both my iPad and iPhone to open a file in iCloud drive freezes as soon as I click on the document I want to open in the document picker.

After trying numerous things, I'm really frustrated and just upgraded to dropbox pro and am using that now. To me, Its not worth the time to try and diagnose iCloud Drive because it should "just work". Dropbox works so much better. Maybe Ill come back when apple fixes iCloud drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.