iCloud Drive folders

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Daniel97, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

In iCloud Drive (I was using this all the way through beta too - not sure if everyone has them) I have folders for things I don't even use?!

Can I delete them? - If I delete them do I risk them never coming back too? i.e atm I don't use keynote etc, so have no need for them in my drive. But If I use them again one day, can they come back?

Automater, script editor? what even are they?

Text edit, quick time, preview, not entirely sure why I need those folders there??

Untitled.jpg

2. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

There are a few other threads (e.g. this one) on this around, and nobody seem to have found a way. Frustrating !

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I didn't even have any folders in my drive, had to create them myself :confused:

4. impaler macrumors 6502

Don't think they're removable. Everyone that keeps thinking this is Dropbox just isn't getting what Apple's after here. It's designed to not be a hard disk in the sky, but a hybrid Dropbox/Documents in the Cloud solution.

5. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

So a google drive without the versioning then?

6. Tourgott macrumors member

I do not have most of those folders but you could try the following:

On OS X go to Settings -> iCloud -> iCloud Drive Options and remove the marks

7. FishyD macrumors newbie

I got this guidance from iCloud support. The issue is that none of the folders I want to delete are in this list. Even Apple stuff like Pages and Numbers isn't showing up in the list.