iCloud Drive in Finder contains nothing?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by drewjonn, Jul 7, 2016.

1. drewjonn macrumors regular

I'm trying to figure out why the hell is my iCloud Drive menu on the Finder's sidebar empty.

This is the first time I put a thought about using the iCloud so I'm currently a tad. I tried to access it online and found out that I have around 2GB of files in it. I'm willing to upgrade to the 50GB storage once I have the complete clue about using the iCloud. I'm trying to use it to store movies and tv shows btw. but why is it completely empty on Finder while it actually contains some of my old file?

Am I gonna see my saved movies in iCloud Drive menu if I save it there? It's 8GB of a whole series and therefore I'd have to upgrade to the paid version first. A little bit of a help? I know this thread is a little bit confusing though :p

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Not everything that gets saved to iCloud shows up in iCloud Drive on your Mac. For example, your iCloud backups of your iPhone & iPad don't show on your Mac.