Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobn

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
Something else I've noticed...

Press and hold a file on the ipad and you get a popup to rename etc etc. Do the same on the iphone and nothing. You can't do anything with the file.

Try again. On my way! my 5S on iOS 9, renaming works perfectly.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I don't get it, I've set a couple of apps to back up their data files with iCloud Drive and logging onto the website (iCloud.com) I see folders but in the app... Nothing.. #confused

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
I've not managed to download a thing from it, but haven't been able to test uploading from it. Need a site that asks me to choose file then I can see if I get more than just the image picker
Yes probably a good idea before posting misleading info

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Can anyone search within iCloud Drive with Spotlight in iOS9? i.e if you swipe to the left and search for a file stored on iCloud Drive will it find it?

It doesn't work on my iPhone 6 even though there's an option for it in Spotlight settings.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Can anyone search within iCloud Drive with Spotlight in iOS9? i.e if you swipe to the left and search for a file stored on iCloud Drive will it find it?

It doesn't work on my iPhone 6 even though there's an option for it in Spotlight settings.
Just tried. Doesn't work. In fact spotlight doesn't search inside any app for a filename

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I'd like upload FROM Safari to iCloud Drive (like Zipfiles, mp3s etc)
Not really found anything that's really perfect yet. Once I do find something, and maybe you guys can help me out, then dropbox for me becomes redundant.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Just tried. Doesn't work. In fact spotlight doesn't search inside any app for a filename

Ok, thanks for that, it's weird there's an option for it but it doesn't work. 3rd party Apps are a different matter though, they have to be individually enabled for spotlight search to work.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Ok, thanks for that, it's weird there's an option for it but it doesn't work. 3rd party Apps are a different matter though, they have to be individually enabled for spotlight search to work.
Even the individually selected apps I have turned on, spotlight does not find a single file name within the app. Any ideas?

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
The funny thing is, it works almost like Dropbox when you access it from the Mac. It's a joy to use there, with the exception of the app folders of course.

I actually use it a lot to view my movie edits on the go. Drag and drop the file on my Mac and download/watch the file on my way to work. For consumption the iOS app is good enough.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Even the individually selected apps I have turned on, spotlight does not find a single file name within the app. Any ideas?

I just tried a few It does seem to work with Documents 5. It doesn't work with Dayone it won't even find Photos for me. Not sure if that points to a Spotlight or an App issue.

jrajpaul

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2007

This was working in the earlier betas. I submitted a bug report and they are aware of the problem. Search within the app is also broken. Frustrating problem since beta 2 onwards.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
For me only Documents 5 works. Spotlight finds nothing in the other apps.

Remember the days when you were surprised when something DIDN'T work?

Yeah, seems like a while ago now.

It's strange that Documents 5 works but none of the others do. Still if it's a known issue hopefully it will be fixed in iOS 9.1

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
Yes probably a good idea before posting misleading info

Misleading? I can't download / save a file into it which was one of my issues so how is that misleading? OK, so it looks like I can upload from it (so so sorry I made an honest mistake you might as well shoot me at dawn) but so far nothing I have done will enable me to save (for example) a PDF from online into it. I can save to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, PDF Pen, iBooks, but not save to my iCloud Drive. I might not actually want the thing in iBooks.

Just tried another type of file and the download / save options again include Dropbox, OneDrive and Google but no iCloud Drive.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010

Worked with the beta but not on final.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Misleading? I can't download / save a file into it which was one of my issues so how is that misleading? OK, so it looks like I can upload from it (so so sorry I made an honest mistake you might as well shoot me at dawn) but so far nothing I have done will enable me to save (for example) a PDF from online into it. I can save to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, PDF Pen, iBooks, but not save to my iCloud Drive. I might not actually want the thing in iBooks.

Just tried another type of file and the download / save options again include Dropbox, OneDrive and Google but no iCloud Drive.
AND we lost the good ol'Open With! ****! -.-

Jbagger

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
Something else I've noticed...

Press and hold a file on the ipad and you get a popup to rename etc etc. Do the same on the iphone and nothing. You can't do anything with the file.

Interesting. When the files are in List View I cannot even get the popup. However, when I change the files to Folder View I get the popup and am able to interact with the options--meaning, I can rename the file, send it, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.