iCloud Drive issue

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by chrismarle, Mar 4, 2016.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hey folks,

I'm having an issue with the iCloud Drive app on iOS (9.2.1, iPhone 6s Plus). Basically, there are files that I've uploaded from my work computer (Windows 7, through iCloud.com) and I can't view (videos, pictures or whatever) or open them as they do not show up on my iPhone in the iCloud Drive app. It's weird because I can see them and use them on my personal computer (rMBP early 2015, OS X 10.11.3) and on the web (iCloud.com) but they are invisible in the iOS app.

P.S. This issue only appears when I put the files in some folders. If I put them without any folder, I'll be able to see them and use them.

Any idea?

2. impaler macrumors 6502

I know for some types of files, they're not viewable directly on an iOS device. Just the way the files are seen and read.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

if they're viewable without being in some folders, seems like there may be an inherited issue with those folders.

can you create a new fresh folder in iCloud drive and then move those files there?