iCloud Drive movies and iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 3lionsbecks, Oct 27, 2014.

1. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Is there a way to have a movie (MP4) in iCloud Drive and watch/view that movie on your iPhone 6+?

thanks

2. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

No. I'm certain that's true, but if someone has found otherwise I will defer to them.:)

3. indefinitekarma macrumors member

You should be able to watch any videos in iCloud Drive by using an app that can browse the API for the iCloud Drive folder... Documents 5 comes to mind.

4. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Thanks! I've been looking for something like this for awhile now and it works! I just don't like everything has to be in their folder to play but ah well it's a work through for now.

5. 3lionsbecks thread starter Suspended

3lionsbecks

Thanks as well, I'll check it out....

I was having trouble with using google drive for this as well but it does play directly from dropbox so I don't see why Apple can't make it work as well.

6. 3lionsbecks thread starter Suspended

3lionsbecks

I've played around a bit and now have movies streaming from my 'cloud' storage from Dropbox and GoogleDrive. These are using MP4s

I like this idea because it means I can stream (wifi or data) to watch the movie but don't have to have it on my phone taking up space.

document 5 is a good app from what I can tell but from what I have seen so far it requires you to DL the video to your device files and then it can play the video. This is good but does require space on the device.

Thanks