iCloud drive : "other" files

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by reese2147, Sep 17, 2014.

1. reese2147 macrumors regular

I just installed ios8 and enabled iCloud drive because I am running Yosemite Beta with iCloud drive. I'm perplexed by how this "drive" integrates into iOS without a standalone app (or something) to browse files.

This link (https://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/icloud-drive/) is to a picture taken from Apple's website for is and iCloud drive.... it shows what appears to be a document browser for iCloud within ios.... but this doesn't seem to exist in what was rolled out today?

among my normal iCloud files "pages, numbers, etc" I also created folders in my iCloud drive for work files (JPGs, PDFs, etc).... how am I supposed to access these in ios8?

2. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Agreed. I see no difference in Numbers and Pages released today and what we had been using. Bears no resemblance at all to what the iCloud Drive pictures on apple.com show. Totally confused. Maybe they are waiting for Yosemite to be released.

3. drew627 macrumors regular

Having the same questions. Here's to hoping Apple would re-update the iWork apps with a cloud-wide document picker.

4. soulsyphon macrumors regular

icloud drive only works on windows, icloud.com and osx yosemite.

the app you're wondering about might not exist, someone will have to release an app since apple is too lazy or delaying it.

there will be apps that will open specific files or folders but those aren't released yet either.